Before you take your time on retreat, get your questions answered!
We hope this information makes your preparations easier and your time at Camp more enjoyable and restful. If you do not find the answer to your question here, please email our director, McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I request to be in a cabin with friends?
Absolutely. You can do so within the registration form. We will do our best to honor requests though we cannot guarantee the request.
What is the refund policy?
To reserve your space, a $50 deposit is required at the time of registration. This deposit is nonrefundable.
PREPARING FOR CAMP
What should I pack?
What to wear:
– Please check out weather (Presque Isle, MI, 49777) before arriving to ensure you’ve packed correctly. Bring a mix of items for warm days and chilly evenings.
– Pack comfortable walking shoes as many buildings are connected by outdoor footpaths.
– Pack Hiking shoes as we have many miles of trails on our property and surrounding.
– Bring a bathing suit and beach towel.
– Don’t forget an umbrella or rain coat!
– Bring an alarm clock, iron and hair dryer.
– Bring toiletries and your favorite pillow, blanket and linens.
– A box fan may be helpful for comfortable sleeping as our accommodations are not air conditioned.
You may want to also consider bringing the following items:
– Tennis equipment and fishing gear
– Water bottle and to-go coffee mug.
– Because many of our outdoor seating spaces are simple benches, we do specifically recommend bringing some sort of outdoor chair to your own comfort.
Where will I stay?
Retreat participants will stay in various cabin-styles in the camp. Some are lodges with a bedroom and kitchen and some are dorm style, with a bathhouse just a short walk away. Our sleeping units are comfortable but rustic. Camp Chickagami is for those who want to spend most of their time outdoors enjoying “God’s garden” and the fellowship of friends. We are not a resort.
When can we check in and check out?
Check in for retreats begins at 3pm. Dinner will be served at 6pm. If you are going to be late, please keep us in the loop!
You must check out by 1pm on Sunday at the conclusion of the retreat.
How do I manage my medication?
You will be in control of your own medication while on retreat at Camp Chickagami. If you require refrigeration, we can accommodate that request.
Our infirmary has all required over the counter medications for other ailments that could come up while you’re on retreat.
Will you accommodate a food allergy?
Your health and safety are our highest priority. If you have a food allergy, please include this information in your registration so we can make necessary arrangements. Feel free to contact our office before camp to discuss dietary issues to discuss how we can best accommodate you. For majorly restricted diets, we sometimes recommend that you provide our kitchen staff with supplemental food.
May I bring my dog?
Sorry, dogs are not allowed at Camp Chickagami. Exceptions will be made for service animals. Please contact McKenzie for our full dog policy.
Are activities mandatory?
No. Retreats are what you make of them. Participation in all activities is recommended but you may choose to take time apart from the group.
Will I have access to wifi?
There will be a WIFI hotspot available for us in Fletcher Dining Hall. Verizon and AT&T provide the best cell coverage; others are limited.
Contacting Camp Chick:
How do I get in touch with the summer camp director?
The best way to get in touch with our summer camp director, McKenzie Bade, is by e-mail. Her e-mail is email@example.com.